Electrical engineering is an engineering discipline concerned with the study, design and application of equipment, devices and systems which use electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. It emerged as an identifiable occupation in the latter half of the 19th century after commercialization of the electric telegraph, the telephone, and electrical power generation, distribution and use.
- Create globally competent Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists to excel their skills in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Provide the environment where industry oriented education is imparted through systematic teaching and learning process in interaction with industry and alumni.
- Develop value based system of education by offering well-balanced programme of instruction.
- Develop practical experience and giving opportunities for overall personality development.
- Create life-long learning by enhancing the knowledge base and skills necessary to contribute to the improvement of their profession and community
Program Educational Objectives
- To excel in Electrical and Electronics Engineering field and apply the knowledge in diverse fields that requires professional skills.
- To contribute Electrical and Electronics Engineering skills in the field ethically.
- To promote students pursue professional development, entrepreneurship andcontinuing education for their career growth and create enthusiasm for life-long learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Basic Knowledge - Ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and basic Engineering concepts to Electrical and Electronics Engineering field.
- Discipline Knowledge - Ability to apply knowledge of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to recognize and solve core Engineering problems.