Diploma in Mechanical (General) involves the design, analysis, and manufacture of a wide variety of mechanical components and systems. While there are a number of disciplines within mechanical engineering, some of the major areas are energy conversion, materials engineering, design engineering, and manufacturing engineering.
The department has one of the best qualified and experienced faculty teams to cater to the needs of the students. The department has faculty members with specializations in the field of Thermal Engineering, Machine Design, Manufacturing and Management. Senior faculty members are not only qualified with Ph. D but also have average industrial experience of 15- 20 years which gives students a very practical learning experience that the industry expects of them. . Three faculty members are pursuing their doctoral program. The supporting staffs are qualified, experienced, and skilled.
The main trend in Diploma Program is to interact between Industries and Institution which has to develop advanced skill required to adopt for Modern Manufacturing system.
- “ To develop a programme with excellence in teaching, learning to produce globally compatible diplomats with ethical values as per the need of stake holders ”
- Imparting quality technical education to students by providing excellent Teaching learning Environment and through competitive curriculum incollaboration with industry.
- Able to apply basic and contemporary science, engineering and innovativeskills to identify problems in the industry and academia and be able to developpractical solution to them
- Providing experiences in leadership, teamwork, communications — oral, written and hands-on activities, with the help of structured and unstructured real life projects.
- Encouraging ethical values and leadership abilities in the minds of students so as to work towards the growth of the society.
Program Educational Objectives
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry to meet changing demands of their profession and instil a desire to learn continuously
- To provide students a strong foundation in mathematics, science, and sound basic theoretical knowledge along with required practical skills in the core areas of Mechanical Engineering to demonstrate technical excellence
- To inculcate team work capabilities and communication skills among students through Seminars, projects, and industry interactions.
- To create awareness on environmental issues and commitment towards professional ethics and social responsibilities and need for lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and Basic engineering to solve the broadly defined Mechanical engineering problems.( Basic knowledge)
- An ability to apply discipline - specific knowledge to solve broadly defined Mechanical engineering problems.(Discipline knowledge)
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements, and to analyze, and interpret experiments results (Experiments and practice)
- An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of Mechanical engineering discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.(Engineering Tools)
- Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice(The engineer and society )
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice. (Ethics)
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse/multidisciplinary teams.( Individual and team work)
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments and the ability to use appropriate technical literature (Communication)
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological changes (Life-long learning)